UNIJOS 2020/2021 UTME Cut-Off Points and Registration UTME Cut-Off Points and Registration Guidelines
UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS-NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
(Senate Affairs & Admissions Division)
REGISTRATION FOR SCREENING 2020/2021 UTME ADMISSIONS
A. NOTE: JAMB ‘O’ LEVEL REQUIREMENT
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has indicated that it would not clear any shortlisted candidate who does not have ‘O’ level results. All candidates therefore, are advised to visit any JAMB Office or accredited CBT centre nearest to them to upload their ‘O’ Level results (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS).
All candidates who do not satisfy the University screening conditions below are advised to provide details for consideration by other institutions. (Note that supplying false information will result in disqualification). You are allowed to supply a maximum of two different ‘O’ level examination results.
B. UNIVERSITY OF JOS SCREENING
University of Jos Senate has approved that all qualified candidates who applied for admission into the University in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) should be screened.
ELIGIBILITY: UTME candidates must have chosen University of Jos as First Choice and scored not less than the indicated minimum score for various Faculties/Programmes as stated below:
|S/N||COURSES IN THE FACULTY OF:||CUT-OFF POINT|
|1.||Faculty of Agriculturea. Agricultural Science||180|
|2.||Faculty of ArtsMass CommunicationTheatre and Film ArtsAll other Programmes||220200180|
|3.||Faculty of Basic Medical Sciencesa. Biochemistry||200|
|4.||Faculty of Clinical Sciencesa. Medicine and Surgery||240|
|5.||Faculty of Dental Sciencesa. Dentistry||230|
|6.||Faculty of Educationa. All Programmes||180|
|7.||Faculty of Engineeringa. Civil Engineeringb. Electrical Electronics Engineeringc. Mechanical Engineeringd. Mining Engineering||200200200180|
|8.||Faculty of Environmental Sciencesa. Architectureb. All other Programmes||220180|
|9.||Faculty of Health Science and Technologya. Nursing Sciencesb. Medical Laboratory Science||220220|
|10.||Faculty of Lawa. Law||230|
|11.||Faculty of Management Sciencesa. Accountingb. Business Administrationc. All other Programmes||220220180|
|12.||Faculty of Natural SciencesComputer ScienceMicrobiologyScience Laboratory Technology All other Programmes||220220200180|
|13.||Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciencesa. Pharmacy||230|
|14.||Faculty of Social Sciencesa. Psychologyb. Economicsc. Criminologyd. Sociologye. All other Programmes||200200200200180|
|15.||Faculty of Veterinary Medicinea. Veterinary Medicine||220|
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All candidates are to do the following:
- Visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on FORM APPLICATION
- Click on 2020 UTME/DE SCREENING
- Enter Candidates JAMB Registration Number and click Get Started
- Candidates will be required to provide the following:
- Contact Phone Number (Self or relatives).
- Email (Please provide active personalised email not that of relatives or friends).
- Password (Please provide an easy to remember word or number).
- Confirm Password and click the ‘sign up’ button.
- An Email message will be sent to the candidates Email account. Candidates should check the University mail and click the confirmation link after which the system will display an acknowledgement page confirming the account and a link to the portal login.
- At the login page https://portal.unijos.edu.ng/Account/Login, Candidates are required to enter their email and password provided in step 5. The system takes every candidate to their personalised dashboard.
- To effect payment, Candidates are required to process all payments from their dashboard only. Click on the button ‘Pay Screening Charges’ and select preferred payment option or channel (ATM Card, Bank Branch, Internet Banking) then follow the instructions or prompts. (NB: for Bank branch payment, candidates may need to redo steps 7)
- Upon Successful payment, all candidates are to enter five relevant O level subjects, their grades and exam body and Click Upload. Note: Editing of results will not be allowed once post JAMB screening is closed.
- Print the Screening Registration Slip, Log out and await further communication from the University
On-line registration portal for the screening will be open from Thursday 17th September, 2020 until further notice.
DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING EXERCISE FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
This is to inform all candidates who applied for Direct Entry admission into University of Jos, that there will be an on-line screening exercise from Thursday 17th September, 2020 until further notice
Please noted that only candidates who applied through JAMB for Direct Entry Admission and chose University of Jos as their First Choice are eligible for the screening.
Direct Entry (DE) applicants are to follow the same steps 1 to 17, in addition to including the ‘A’ level subjects/qualification in step 13 above.
Chief Monday M. Danjem